A six-day five-night exclusive tour to Bukit Lawang and Berastagi
Private tour start from Medan Airport drop off to Bukit Lawang – Two days Trek – Visit Bat Cave – Visit Berastagi
Day 1 pick up from Medan airport or hotel, journey around 4 hours to Bukit Lawang. drop to the accommodation, relax after a journey from Medan and stay overnight in Bukit Lawang.
Day 2 After breakfast around 7-8 am set up for a two-day trek, after walking for around 6-7 hours or more, looking for the wildlife, learning jungle medicines and jungle foods and how they’re used. stay overnight in the jungle.
Day 3 After a two-day trek and in the afternoon at 3 pm you can do a tour of the village and visit the bat cave. and stay one more night in Bukit Lawang.
Day 4 Leave for Berastagi after breakfast, journey for 5-6 hours and stay overnight in Berastagi.
Day 5 In the morning after breakfast set up for climbing the Sibayak volcano, (around 3 hours) after the climb you can also visit the hot springs if you like. after visiting the waterfall Sipiso-Piso, On the way back to the accommodation, make a stop at the famous fruit market. Stay one more night in Berastagi.
Day 6 Private car transport to Medan airport or hotel journey around takes 3-4 hours.
5 nights stay in a deluxe bungalow, trek on Sibayak volcano to see the sunrise and tour around in Berastagi, private car for return transfer Medan/Bukit Lawang/Berastagi/Airport including petrol and driver, locker fee for luggage storage while trekking, Meals (day 2-breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit, breakfast, lunch,), guide fee, all equipment (tent, roll mat, sleeping bag), 1.5L bottle of water, and traditional tube rafting back during the trek.
What to bring:
- A small backpack with a change of clothes, raincoat, swimwear, small towel, small pillow, personal items, toilet paper, medicines, camera + spare battery + memory card (in a waterproof bag), insect repellent, sunblock, torch, plastic bag (to put wet clothes in), sandals/flip flops (to walk around the camp).
- Please make sure your luggage is as light as possible (ideally under 10kg).
- You will be provided with a 1.5L bottle of water for each person, which the guide will refill at the camp with boiled water.
- Clothing: Long sleeves/trousers are optional as there are few mosquitos. Although nights can be cold in the jungle. Wearing something comfortable is most important.
- Shoes: waterproof shoes with good grip/tread are essential for slippery paths.
1 person-124 Euros/day.
2 people or more-106 Euros/person/day.
Entrance permit to the Gunung Leuser National Park/camera tax (10 Euros/person payable to the national park office), other meals and drinks where not stated above as included, flights, visa and insurance.